Sunday, March 5, 2017

The week that was...NINE


This week has been one of the hardest I've had for a while. A long while.

I slipped into a dark depression. Got totally overwhelmed. Realised I just wasn't coping.

Perhaps a good thing - the realising I wasn't coping part, not the depression part. Depression is never a good thing. But it finally hit me this week, I just can't do it all and I am not coping.

I just didn't want to admit to anyone, or even myself, that I just wasn't coping with my workload and parenting and everything else that comes along with living life. Something had to give before I had a full blown nervous breakdown.

Floods of tears were shed. Every ounce of energy and determination was used to even get out of bed. Cue an emergency appointment with my psychiatrist (have I mentioned how much I love her) and I am rebooting (her words).

We talked about all the things I could change in my life that would see me coping - I made a list, oh how I love a list. Currently the list is split into two; home and work. I see this being very organic and it will change as I work out what actually works and throw aside what doesn't.

I spoke at length about it to hubby, my family and my boss - all extremely understanding and supportive. I really am fortunate to be surrounded by such amazing people.

So, now is the time to reboot.

My list of ten 


Move - Rain and depression = very little steps this week. 

Meditate - Attempted unsuccessfully.
.
Kind - How I love to read....finished The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriaty, it was excellent!

Connect - Had lunch to celebrate the upcoming nuptials of one of the ladies at work.

Food - I am still loving fig, bocconcini, proscuitto and green leaves with a little balsamic vinegar on top. I also snuck in a pork belly for lunch :)

Flow - My flow was totally clogged this week.

Blog - Tick.

Budget - Still plodding along...Dr's bills were not part of the budget though...eek.

Fun - I made Slime with my little lady and helped her create a YouTube channel to show people how to make slime. I admit, that was fun.

How are you coping?
Got any tips for me?


No comments:

Post a Comment