Sunday, February 26, 2017

The week that was....EIGHT


Time. It really does get fly as you get older. I'm not too sure if it is my friend or my foe.

When I was younger my dad used to tell me not to wish the time away as it just got quicker and quicker and eventually I would want it to slow down. I thought he was crazy. Turns out he wasn't.

It is the eighth week of 2017 already. February is coming to end, therefore so is Summer. Autumn is quite literally around the corner again.

 Didn't Summer just start? I was so sure it had.

I seem to be getting to the state where time is going by so quickly my days are blending and I can't recall what actually happened this week, or was it last week, or perhaps it is on my To Do for next week?

Work this week seems to have calmed though....and that is a big THANK F**K. I mean we are far from cruising, but the stress levels have come down a smidgen. And we are working together to try to set things right again.

Wednesday are little misses piano lessons, and yeah OK I am totally bias because she is my kid, but she is gooood. I love to listen to her playing and see her little face light up. And it seems our little man is keen to start learning too. He is also talking about wanting to play the guitar, which at this stage would be bigger than him.

My list of ten 


Move - My steps have increased, though still not hitting the ever elusive 10k steps a day - nowhere near actually. Still really need to get my tail in gear. 

Meditate - Tick.

Kind - In an effort to get reading, because I love reading, I have two books on the go - The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriaty and The Girl in the Spider's Web by David Lagercrantz. Also, saw my Chiropractor again on Friday. He is happy with my progress. If only I could kick these headaches and back and neck pains I would be happy too.

Connect - Had lunch with some ladies from work this week, such kind, funny, witty women. It helped a lot in lowering the stress levels at work.

Food - Salads have been my go-to this week for lunch. At the moment I am loving fig, bocconcini, proscuitto and green leaves with a little balsamic vinegar on top.

Flow - While my stress is high, I do think that I am yelling a lot less, flowing a lot more.

Blog - I might even blog a few times this week!

Budget - So far so good, except when the bank hit us with a fee to change from Interest only back to P&I on the mortgage...seriously! COME ON! Damn banks.

Fun - On Saturday I took Little Miss on her first sushi train experience. It had been ages since I had been. She loved it and so did I. I really love our little Mumma, Daughter dates, where it is just her and I and we can talk about anything and not be interrupted by other distractions.

How was your week?
What are your thoughts on time?


 {image}

No comments:

Post a Comment