Saturday, February 25, 2017

My Doctor Strange infatuation


Benedict Cumberbatch has never done anything for me. In fact, I don't think I have seen him in any other movies....let me google him, be right back.

Yep I have...Star Trek: Into the Darkness. Obviously his character didn't jump out and grab me in the feels like Doctor Strange has done.

Admittedly Benedict Cumberbatch probably still does nothing for me. It is not like we went on a hot date or anything. I have no idea what he is like IRL (In Real Life for people of my age, cause the first time someone said this to me I had NFI). Even though th
ere was that one time I saw him on the couch with Graham Norton and he seemed perfectly likable.

{image}

Anyhoo, I totally digress.

I have just watched Doctor Strange, of the Marvel variety. And I guess I should preface this by saying that I love all things Marvel. Especially the Extra Terrestrial versions, like Guardians of the Galaxy.

So, when Doctor Strange started with scenes reminiscent of Inception with some trans-dimensional jumping thrown in I was hooked. (and on a side note, Tilda Swinton rocks this movie so hard, she is seriously amazing).

We are then introduced to the arrogant, self-consumed, arse-hat Doctor Stephen Strange (played by
Benedict Cumberbatch - surprise, surprise), who has a total fear of failure. On the other hand he has a quirky sense of humor and soft gentle eyes (and aren't they the windows to the soul). Seriously, what more could you ask for in a superhero?

Fast forward a few scenes and he is involved in a car accident and injuries his hands beyond repair. We also learn he had a brief tryst with a lovely woman, Christine (played by Rachel McAdams), who is clearly way too lovely for him.



His quest to gain the use of his hands leads him to the Ancient One (Tilda Swinton) and here is where all the fun begins as he is drawn into the world of the mystic arts - and of course meets a bad guy who is trying to help the "dark universe" take over the world.

The special effects in this movie are amazing! As I mentioned Tilda Swinton is amazing! And Benedict Cumberbatch plays Doctor Strange so wonderfully with his one-liners and raised eyebrows that you will surely be infatuated as well. Special mention must go to the Cloak of Levitation - who goes pretty close to stealing the whole god damn show.

Have you seen it?
What movie characters grab you in the feels?

No comments:

Post a Comment