Saturday, December 31, 2016

{Life} The one where I gained a few kg's



It seems that my decadent #MonthofSam and our three months of living out of home, which was full of unhealthy eating and no exercise have left behind some unwanted kilograms - DAMN IT!

I started last year with the mindset to be a fitter, healthier version of myself and got off to a cracking start. I was meditating regularly (which I still do), exercising, eating healthily, seeing a naturopath - I am sure you get the idea.

But come mid year, what with winter in full swing and my SAD kicking in and the renovation ramping up, the fitter, heatlhier Sam seemed to be wavering.

Roll on September and our move out the of house to make way for demolition and builders and we were all of sudden eating a lot of takeaway food.

Then came November and the #MonthOfSam with all the food and drink - oh the joy!

All of that, mixed in with work stress, renovation stress, kid stress which resulted in chocolate and biscuit quick fixes.....and fitter, healthier me was nowhere to be seen - she had gone.

Now it is December and the realisation of these extra kilos has really started to sink in. Queue depression, body issues and extreme low self esteem - the triple threat! It seriously messes with your head. Mirrors are the enemy, exaggerating (and then some) your flaws and flab. Clothes you used to love, don't love you back anymore. You feel everywhere you go there are judgey eyes and side way glances teamed with whispers.

But enough of that - it is time to also queue a reset of the mindset - back to the fitter, healthier Sam.

So, what does that mean...well it means healthy eating, no more takeaways or fast food (for anyone in the family) and it means exercising, I have signed up for a round of 12wbt to get me right back on track and am striving to hit 10,000 steps per day.

Deep breath (and lots of them).

Have unwanted kg's snuck up on you? 
Have you had a reset of the mindset?

{image}

No comments:

Post a Comment